HEART CLASS for SCIENCE/EDUCATION
Research shows it teaches 50% better than traditional teaching with linear videos.
Please watch the case study...
...then see the live site at:
HEART CLASS teaches US high school students how to do CPR in a new way. We think it should win for Science/Education because:
- It uses an 'immersive classroom' approach to teach kids to save lives. Formal medical research tested over 600 US high school students. It found that HEART CLASS is 50% more effective than traditional classroom techniques for teaching kids CPR. (It achieved this even though it is a micro-budget production, filmed with a non-professional cast of real high school students.)
- It works in REAL US high schools. Most US high schools today can't afford to give each student a computer. And they don't want students to use their own devices. This is Game Over for most educational apps and sites. Because they are designed purely for 'one student, one device' situations. But HEART CLASS breaks this convention. It works with the teacher's regular PC for a class of 30 kids - or an assembly of 300 kids.
- HEART CLASS does this by using the power of the immersive classroom. It splits the group watching into two teams and gives them scores as they compete to save a life. This is a breakthrough for digital education. Because it brings the power of immersive education to regular US high schools for the first time.
- HEART CLASS is immersive in two ways. First, students interact by answer questions asked by the film. Second, HEART CLASS requires students to learn and practice physical CPR in competing teams - with team scores shown on-screen during the film. This multi-sensory immersive learning technique promotes skill retention and student engagement. This double layer of immersion makes HEART CLASS even more effective.
- HEART CLASS uses the power of immersive media, available 100% free on the internet, to fulfil the laws passed in 39 states requiring CPR training in high schools. So not only is HEART CLASS educational, it also helps schools and teachers with limited resources fulfil state educational requirements. For Free!
So HEART CLASS should win because:
- it teaches life-saving skills 50% better than traditional classroom techniques
- it helps schools and teachers with limited resources fulfil state educational requirements. For Free!
- it brings the power of immersive education to regular high schools where 'one student, one device' is impossible - using just the teacher's regular PC
- it shows we can use immersive education to save lives